Thursday, August 25, 2011

Toe The Line.

Warning: this post contains graphic imagery. 
We advise you do not read this post while consuming food 
or beverages or while in the company of wimps.

To distract you from the horror you are about to witness, I will first post photos of dogs dressed in Star Trek costumes:





Awww. So cute.

And now for the post...

Remember back in June when I wrote about doing myself a damage while making a bed at sleepaway camp? Well, after 3(ish) long(ish) months, my toenail fell off. Here is the current state of that toe:

(Please note that I have watermarked the photo, lest someone attempt
to pass off this toe as their own horrible monstrosity and submit it to AwkwardToePhotos.com)

I suspect that my toe is no longer merely a digit. No. Now it is Hallux, the Great Big Bald Toe who wants to lead a global toe-revolt. Hallux will call upon the digits of the world to rise up and over throw the toe oppressors of the world, namely cobblers and nail technicians.

When this happens, be sure to let everyone know that you saw it here, first.

8 comments:

  1. It's not THAT bad. It could be oozing pus!

    Those dogs are hysterical.

    You, are hysterical. Hallux!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew, that wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be! As Mary said, it isn't oozing or anything.

    Are you planning to dress Falafal up like that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it growing back? It is hard to tell. I bet Falafel wears your hat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mother in law slammed her finger shut in a big industrial ladder last year right before Thanksgiving dinner.

    I'd rather have your toe at Thanksgiving dinner, than that.

    Glad you're healing. I think you should use a Sharpie to draw a face on your nail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't even touch the toe. In fact it takes all my will power to touch my HEALTHY toes b/c this one is so sensitive. Putting socks on this foot takes my breath away. And not in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband lost his thumbnail a few years back and I was shocked and how weird a nailbed can look. You had me thinking it would be bloody or green or oozing. Sorry that you've had so much pain to endure...I hope it feels better before full time sock season rolls around. Maybe you could fashing some sort of toe padding to wear over it. Like a thimble for your big toe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! My toenail fell off not so long ago and it looks like your toe. Is it infected? Because I also have that yellow film lining. Or should I not be worried? Please get back to me and thank you!

    ReplyDelete